Introduction

Thursday, August 28, 2008




My name is Andrew Mason and I’m a senior in political science. I consider myself a news junkie and this isn’t helped by being the opinions editor at The Daily Illini. When I use the internet, I have a short attention span so I gravitate to sites that frequently update. One example of this is The Drudge Report which refreshes every 2 minutes and can be known to change within minutes with the latest or most interesting news of the day. I also enjoy the concept of social media where users decide what’s popular and spread the word. In addition to updating constantly, Digg and Reddit allow the community to sound off on every story, which greatly expands the content opportunities. However, I still like to keep up to date with professional political journalism and the most convenient option is The Politico which publishes a newsletter and web site out of Washington D.C.

I have another blog (which I haven't updated in about 18 months), it can be found at

andrewmasonuiuc.blogspot.com

1 comments:

jonstone said...

Cool, Andrew. I definitely frequent digg but hadn't heard of a few of these other sites...

I am actually very interested in the digg model and how it operates via a community "vote"--I think there is a lot of power there and wouldn't be surprised to see all kinds of that kind of stuff in the future--across a variety of genred sites.

Very cool.

Jon